Thursday, January 27, 2005

UNDONE

Throw open the flood gates
Throw down with the best

Come out swinging and bite
the bullet with me

Sky blue, tantric orange
peel back the pages
of my life

Take notice and heed this
warning that I say

Fallen down, a spiral of fault
selling a lie, not mine

Forbid fruit of the garden
in my pocket, out the back door
with no plan in store

Caress your fears, coddle my ego
with poison and comforting regret

Carry this secret with you
in the lynchpin of blame
that weighs your heart
down amist the fog of hell

Salient guilt trips
lying ahead in the road

Broad sided character
assassination
Licked by the rest

Stop the press
more is less?

The train is on the track
broke my mother's back
because I couldn't
pick up the slack

fortunes are squandered
not all who are lost
will wander

forgotten by the sun
glistening gun
I'm undone

No comments: