Thursday, February 24, 2005

Forsaken

Down at the heart of this
in dusty confusion, lay
an unturned stone, amidst
the wretched pain, dismay

Forgotten fortunes rot
as blindness satisfies
the lonely silence, fought
soul and heart, despised

Oh turn your face upon me
give your child another chance
hold my faults, not against me
pray, give my soul another glance

For I am lost, I am unfound
I yearn for comfort, for peaceful days
I fall upon my guilt dust upon the ground
to claw my misery, into a distant haze

Cry havoc, cry pain
Cry suffer, another sprain
Upon me heap, the midnight mane
of nature’s smirk, the devil, lurks

The trap has sprung, I am undone
I have no favor, to lend
And in my heart, my human smart
the unholy fire, begins to burn

Long days are spent
Upon the horrors, meant
In hallowed halls,
where my love was spurned

Give hope a wistful thought
hold love above dismay
pray, bend your will upon us
pray, delay yet another day

Down where the heart is mist
in musty delusion, preys
a furtive bloke, a witful twist
with eyes, that hold a hollow glaze


Unknown to culture’s stain
this hermit’s deeds, unseen
is merely spawn, a longing pain
a humble guise, pristine

And now, alas, comes freedom
a down black chasms fear
my heart is empty, numb
my human life, a smear

No comments: